Kenya Prisons Service wishes to announce to the general public vacancies for General Cadet, Medical Cadet Officers and Medical Technicians.
Prospective candidates wishing to apply MUST satisfy the general conditions and requirements given below;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a valid National Identification Card;
- Have no criminal record;
- Be between the ages of 18-30 years for diploma/certificate holders; OR
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years for degree holders;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 32 years for medical consultants;
- Be at least 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women;
- Be physically and medically fit;
- Must have good hearing and clear vision;
- Female candidates MUST not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire training period.
On recruitment, candidates will undergo an intensive Government sponsored para-military initial training course lasting not less than nine (9) months for technicians and thirteen (13) months for general cadet officers.
The recruitment exercise will be absolutely FREE. Bribery and other acts of corruption are unlawful.
Any person presenting themselves for recruitment with falsified or fake academic/professional certificates, identity cards, or engaging in any acts that amount to corruption SHALL be disqualified, arrested and prosecuted.
Members of the public are warned that recruitment will only be conducted at the listed recruitment centre and on the day as indicated.
Any person therefore purporting to be issuing calling letters away from the recruiting centre should be treated as a criminal.
Prospective candidates MUST carry their original National identification card, birth certificate, KRA PIN certificate, academic certificates and other testimonials on the day of interview.
a) Medical prisons practitioners; Candidates must possess;
- A minimum mean grade of C+ at KCSE
- An undergraduate/post graduate degree from a recognized institution of higher learning and
- Registered with the relevant statutory bodies.
b) General Cadets:
- Candidates must possess; A minimum mean grade of C+ at KCSE
- A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher learning;
c) Medical prisons Technicians; Candidates must possess;
- A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) at KCSE or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and /or Possess a relevant diploma/certificate from a recognized institution and registered with the relevant statutory bodies where applicable.
General Prisons Cadets
|15.||Public Health Officer|
|16.||Nutrition and dietetics Officer|
|21.||Security Management Officers|
|23.||Public Administration and Management Officers|
|25.||Information Communication Officers|
|26.||Disaster Management Officers|
|27.||Gender Development Officers|
|32.||Project Planning Management Officers|
|33.||Library and Information Management Officers|
|2.||Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses|
|10.||Community Oral Health Officers|
|11.||Medical Laboratory Technologists|
|12.||Medical Engineering Technologists|
|16.||Health Records Information Management Officers-HRIMO|
|18.||Nutrition & Dietetic Technologists|
|19.||Public Health Officers|
|20.||Health Promotion Officers|
|21.||Medical Social Workers|
|22.||Health Administrative Officers|
Any other degree relevant to correctional/prisons work.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling the PSC.2 (REVISED 2016) application form which can be downloaded from https://www.publicservice.go.ke and attach clear photocopies of
relevant academic/professional certificates and their National identification cards (ID).
Completed applications should be addressed to
THE COMMISSIONER GENERAL OF PRISONS
P. O BOX 30175-00100
and delivered at:
WHICH IS SITUATED ALONG BISHOPS ROAD, COMMUNITY AREA
So as to reach the commissioner general of prisons before 11th February, 2022.
NB: successfully shortlisted candidates will be notified via print media by 1st march, 2022.